Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why me?

I've had a few questions concerning the amount of time I will be able to commit to a position on City Council, and thought it best that I address that here. To someone on the outside looking in I am sure my life already seems very busy. I have four young boys, co-own a business, and am active on the school council at Hillside School. I also have a part time job at a jewellery store in the mall. I am not too busy!

For the last 8 and a half years Ive been a stay at home mom, and have loved every minute of it. Now that 3 of my 4 kids are in school I feel that it is time for me to go back to work. I have great support in my husband, who works an 8-5 job, he does just as much with the kids as I do. Our parents also play a very large role in our children's lives. I have been able to go to council meetings, a few committee meetings, downtown association and school council meetings, work a part time job and still get out to talk to people and have some social time. Ive attended some great events over the past few months and look forward to many more. There is no reason a young mother can't be on council.

Why me? Why not.

*apostrophies have been resurrected.*:)

No comments:

Post a Comment